Help - Tension Problems

Tmaus

I need someone's advice desperately. I am just starting to use my Liberty and thought I had everything ready so I loaded on a quilt I'm making for a little boy I know. I quilted some of it a few days ago, maybe longer, time goes by so fast, and the tension was okay.

Today I go back to work on it again and I didn't think that the tension would have changed while the machine just sits. I started quilting and I knew it was making a funny sound, kind of like a popping sound, as it sewed. I thought maybe the needle was dull so I changed that. It didn't seem to help. So I went along and when I got to a point where I had advanced the quilt enough to see the back on the top roller I saw that the tension was very bad. The bottom thread is running straight. I know that I have to tighten the top to get the tension right.

But my 2 questions are: Why would the tension change? And should I take out all the stitching that I did today and start again?

I'm so upset. I work full time and had a few hours at home today and thought I would have some fun. Well it's not so fun now. But I just don't know what to do. Tear it out or leave it.

Can anybody give me some suggestion?

Thank you so much for any help you offer. I have to take someone to the airport so if I don't answer right away I will be back to read anything anyone can tell me later tonight.

Thanks a lot,

Tamara:(

Archived