consider george

shorequilt

hi all --

i'm considering purchasing a george machine and have a couple of questions.

based on prior posts i don't believe george has a stitch regulator. does anyone know if they plan on adding that feature?

how portable is the machine and table? i spend the winter months in florida and would love to be able to bring my quilting machine. does anyone know what's involved in packing this up to move? does the table fold to a small size?

thanks.

Hi Deb,

The George is not stitch regulated and probably won't be for some time. Most people who quilt sitting down at there domestic machine adapt very well to George because you are already quilting this way. As far as being portable, George weighs only about 37 lbs. The table cabinet is a lot heavier. It has leaves that can flip up for larger quilts when the leaves are down the table measures 23x60" when the leaves are flipped up it measures 40x94". Along the right side of the cabinet you have drawers to store things. It is possible to purchase a second table cabinet and have them at both houses and just transport the George sewing machine head. I have actually had people do this with the hand guided long arms! Let me know if I can be of further help! :)

Take care,

Archived