bobbin thread not picking up

Hi,

I'm not getting my bobbin thread to pick up. I've adjusted the timing and even when I get the needle too close to the hook, the thread doesn't pick up. The needle bar height looks O.K. to my eye, but I suppose I'll try to lower it a bit more. Would this make a difference? What is the usual problem when the bobbin thread doesn't pick-up?

I have changed needles, bobbin cases and bobbins.

Thanks,

Kay

Ult. I, IS Turbo

Hello Kay

Did you hit a ruler or recently re-time? If sew you may need to have the hook closer to the needle. It hook should kiss the middle of the eye of the needle. Do you have the video on maintance. If not, I highly recomend it. Hope this helps Kay, please keep us informed.

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the response. I pulled out every piece of info I could find. I have finally resolved the problem but I'm not sure what really did the trick.

I think what caused the problem was that when I hit the needle up/down, I must not have had the needle in properly as it hit something. I always do it manually after inserting a new needle just to see if it hits something. It didn't, until I put in the bobbin case. I guess I'll have to add that to my routine as well.

I redid the timing and just lowered the needle bar a tad. One of the set screws on the hook assembly wasn't really tight so I think something may have slipped without me knowing it. I guess I'll never know for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I sure was feeling desperate there for a while. There's nothing like a pile of customer quilts looking at you while you're trying to get the machine to run.

Kay

Ult. I, IS Turbo

Archived