Hopping foot moves left as needle goes down

My hopping foot moves to the left as it moves downward when the needle is making a stitch. Is this normal? I am finding it hard to use rulers because of this movement. Is there an adjustment that can be made so that the foot comes straight down with the needle?

Thanks,

Cathy in NC

Millennium

Cathy,

The hopping foot should be stable and not move. It could be the screw that holds it needs tightening or fell out (hole in side of machine). I would suggest loosening further, adjust and position (including for height) and then retighten.

Hope this may help.

Nancy

Thanks go to Mark at APQS who helped me solve my problem. The hopping foot should not pivot as the needle takes a stitch. Mark explained how to adjust the foot so that this would not happen. It involved removing the side plate and discovering and adjusting the inner workings of my machine, but I did it and it fixed the problem.

Nancy, I thought it might be the position of the foot and did try to fix the problem through the hole in the side of the machine. The foot was never loose, but it did pivot as it made the downward motion. I appreciate your reply, too.

I encourage everyone to take advantage of the expert advice at APQS!!! I think I will be able to use rulers with confidence now.

Cathy in NC

Millennium

Archived