Question for Cirle Lord owners

threadcountess

Hi! I am ready to buy a Circle Lord, but would like to know if it is possible to make my own pattern. For instance, I have a quilt that needs 31 individual trains on the plain blocks. I was thinking that I could take the pattern, use a router to cut the pattern, and make the job so much simpler. I would really enjoy any feedback.

Thank you.

Guest Linda S

I imagine you could do that. As long as you have the stylus on your machine, you could use it to guide through the grooves. It would, however, be difficult to find the right material to make your templates from. They would have to be thick enough to stand up over time, but not warp or dry out like wood can do (sheets of wood would have to be thin enough to sit under the machine head on the back).

Linda

The CL doesn't do trains but lots of other cool things. I would think the quickest and easiest way to make trains would be to buy a panto with trains and then, using your stylus, follow the design on those plain blocks only. I know there are some pantos out there with trains. I have one and would only need to enlarge the actual train diagram to accomplish what you want to do. That would be much easier than making a template. Just a thought.

Happy Quilting.

Archived