Thread nests in middle of quilting

When I finish a quilt, I have to check the back stitching carefully as I have gotten several nests in the back during the middle of quilting. :o No reason for them, not starting a new pattern, changing the bobbin or anything like that. I slowly roll the whole quilt on the take up roller and stand and check all the stitches before removing the quilt. I usually have 2 to 3 areas where I have to frog and requilt! Very frustrating. :mad: The tension is good and consistent so I don't know what could be happening. Could it be quilting too fast? Bobbin winding tension problems? I always use the regulated mode and it has happened anywhere from 10 SPI to 13 SPI. Does anyone have suggestions? Oh, and I always quilt from the front, allover meandering/patterns (flowers, hearts, stars etc.) on my quilts.

• 1 month later...

Teresa... I used to have that problem... You are quilting too fast.. When I used the regulated stitch .. that is when it happens. I haven't had that problem since I have started using the manual stitch guide, and I think it looks better. Try it... Sue

Archived