How to remove frog footprints?

Thanks ladies (and any lurking gents) -

I knew I could count on this forum - - in fact, that\'s why I wasn\'t tossing and turning all night thinking about it. Once again, among the many lessons learned with those exasperating amphibians, was to trust that little voice in your head that says Stop!

Judi - - I made the quilt, and it\'s a full hodgepodge of cottons - - a few batiks, lots of prints and even some shirtings. I will try to spritz and gently brush selectively on the fabrics. Unfortunately it\'s not going to be my quilt, or I\'d just wash away. I\'ve donated it to a mammography center for a raffle, so it\'ll be on display May thru July - - AND the first public quilt with my name on it. NO PRESSURE HERE!!

Merry Jo - - THANK YOU for giving me the final justification to buy zippers!! I only quilt for myself, so it felt a little TOO indulgent. Not that I plan to need to do a lot of frogging in the future, but I\'m sure there are still a couple more LA gremlins lurking out there in next few months, just waiting for another Newbie like me.

Linda, - - as a matter of fact, I WAS wearing my own Petzol headlamp!! You know, we outdoors nuts who live here in Colorado wouldn\'t think of being without one. You don\'t go outside after dark without one to locate and dodge the "critters". Last winter I watched a mountain lion on my back patio, less than six feet from where I was sitting (with a window between us). The next morning I got a shot of her footprints - - 8 inches edge to edge. Shana knows what I\'m talking about, except her "critters" are even bigger, and more plentiful.

But of course, we also wouldn\'t think of rolling the quilt into a position that wasn\'t going to strain our bodies to the max - - after all, I\'ll spend all summer at 9000 ft and above just working hard to breathe. As Homer Simpson would say "DOH!" It\'s no wonder I\'m beginning to want to move to sea level -- that\'ll be equivalent to just rolling the quilt.

I guess I should stop typing and get busy spritzing.

Thanks again to you all.

Julie

Archived