loading pantos

I was wondering if any of you had some hints for loading panto patterns?

My problem is that I have the Hartley Fence table on the platform and it is very difficult to get a pattern placed under the plastic. I can only do one side at a time, and then I have to move my Mille over the remaining roll. I keep thinking there must be a solution that just hasn't dawned on me yet.

Hi Deanna,

I don't have the Hartley Fence on my table, but I do have lots of other "stuff". I just push my machine to the far end of the table or the right side, lift up my plastic and place the panto under it, replace the plastic, and I'm done. However I wait to do this until the quilt is loaded and partially rolled to the take up roller. That way I can see how far down the table to set the right side of the panto with my laser light and how much further the quilt needs to be rolled so the edge of the panto is where I want it. Maybe you need to remove the Hartley Fence before putting a new panto down?:)

Hi Deanna,

This is what I do,. My plastic wasn't wide enough for some of my new pantos, so I bought some clear vinyl (like plastic) from Hancocks, and cut it to fit the table, it is flexable enough to move easy, but heavy enough to lay flat. It works great. It is easy to lift up to move pantos or small designs .

It cliings a little, but is easy to lift up and flatten out.

I slide the panto from left to right. if it doesn't move I lift up the plastic some, then smooth it all out..

Hope this helps,

Sandy

Archived