Needle Positioner Adjustment

Naturally it is Saturday, and I cant really call anyone. :) My needle positioner has decided it should move as it sees fit. Now instead of needle up/ needle down, its like I am sewing on slow speed and it just keeps going! I know from other posts there is a fix, but it is too long to post. Im hoping someone who knows how to fix it will be willing to let me call and be walked through whatever has to be done so I dont lose a whole weekend of quilting time. Any takers? Thanks!

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia

You should have a hole plug on the right side of the head (when you are in the front) It is the one that is above the take up lever. See it? Remove the plug and you will see a very small screw on the side of a componet. Turn that screw to the right one full turn. This is what fixed that for me and these instructions are per Connie the Queen of all things technical :D at APQS headquarters. Hope this helps you out! Holler if we can help you further. My # is 206 878-4720 if you need further help.

Hi Sheri (sp?)

Thanks for the information! Turns out that through a little assistance from Tina Collins I was able to touch base with Mark and he walked me through the very thing you described. It worked like a charm on the phone, and most of the time after we hung up. It works correctly about 75% of the time. I have fiddled with that screw a little... and its better. If it gets worse then I may well take you up on your offer.

I have to say, LA people are so incredibly generous with their knowledge and expertise!

Thanks again!

Cynthia

Archived