Hartley Fence

I\'m having problems keeping my diagonal lines straight. It almost has a train wobble to it. I\'ve adjusted the wheels but not sure if they should be real tight or what. My idler arm is on tight but it still wiggles.

I\'m on a dead line and starting to panic.

Thanks

Mary Lou,

When I first got my hartley fence, I had the same problems. What I ended up having to do was put another washer under the arm that goes on the fence itself, not the one on the machine because it was hitting the center deal and causing wobbles in it. Hope this helps. I know how it is to be under the gun and start having problems.

Shannon~

Thanks for getting back with me. I tried an extra washer and also had to put a washer under the bar towards each end to keep it more stable. It is better but the sharper the angle is I have trouble starting. It wants to dip or curve and I\'m keeping the wheel as right next to the bar. I think the wavyness overall is better though.

I\'ll keep trying. Thanks again.

Myrna~

I have the brand new machine but I don\'t have the new adapter for the fence. So, yes, I have the blue soft mounts and my wheels are in the same position as my older machine. There are holes for them to go forward. I was wondering if it would better to get the new adapter and if so, how?

Thanks

Archived