Skipped stitch only on a panto?

Susanri

I noticed I get a long skipped stitch when moving left to right on an arc mostly when doing a circle on a panto.(from 1:00 to 3:00 if you look at it like a clock face)

I must be causing the needle to flex by moving the machine too quickly or something but I can't seem to fix this problem. Any ideas?

Susan,

Check out the post I made just today with the link to the timing video. You are right in that speed can make the needle flex and cause skipped stitches. So can using a needle that is too small (try a 4.0 needle).

You may have too much gap between your needle and hook assembly, which can cause the skipped stitches. You don't necessarily need to re-time the machine, but the video will help you compare your machine to what it "should be" in relation to the timing.

the ONLY difference between and Ultimate II and the timing video is in the first step when you adjust the needle bar height if necessary. On an Ultimate II, one must see the entire eye of the needle, plus nearly an entire "eye's height" of silver needle above the eye.

Let us know how we can help!

Just Had the machine timed for this issue, I used every size needle too. But it only happens when I make that arc only on pantos- Its very very weird, I try to go slower as I make the arc but I must be whooshing the machine,

Thank you your post made me think to ask. Maybe there is something else I am doing.

Archived