Bobbin help with Freedom ...

Hi guys - I'm having bobbin issues.  Thought it might have been the thread, but I've changed it - tried prewounds (which is the only ones I've been running since I got her in the fall), and wound my own.  I am able to bring up the thread, but I can not pull it more than the tail that comes to the top.  Any ideas on where to start to fix?  Looked inside the "box" where the bobbin goes and didn't see anything stuck in there and tried the WD40, etc.  HELP!!!   Thanks in advance!!

No.  I actually need to remove all thread before I am even able to remove the bobbin/bobbin case.  I did change out the bobbin case and although I was able to pull the thread through, when I went to stitch, the thread broke after about the first hundred stitches.  The top thread started skipping stitches and then the thread broke.  When I moved the machine to the side - the bobbin thread was unable to move again.

Hi Marci,

This particular issue is not as common and is not normally covered in the class. That said, Amy always allows plenty of time on "day 2" of the class to address specific questions and provide additional training for anyone who wishes it. This could be accomplished during that time.

During the Machine Maintenance Class, these are the "standard" topics covered:

1. General Maintenance

2. Timing

3.  Motor Brushes

4.  Thread breakage/hook maintenance

5.  Machine movement

6.  Gearbox and Hook collar maintenance

Hi Dawn - the instructions worked!  Dear hubby said that the screws were not tightened down, so that is probably the reason it moved.  It moved nearly 1/2 way from the original factory markings.  Now, the quilting looks different than the beginning of the quilt, but the gift is for my 8 year old "nephew" who really will not notice - neither will his mom - LOL!  I'm glad all my tension issues have been been all user error!  Thank you so much for the instructions.  Hubby is looking at taking off of work, so that I can come to Iowa to take my lesson, and also the 2nd day.  I'll let you guys know once he confirms with his job (works 3rd shift - yuck!)

Thanks again Dawn!

Sheryl

Archived