Quilt Fabric Shops in Southern Germany

phokan

I will be arriving in Frankfurt, Germany 24 September 07 for my son's wedding in Wullenstetten. While there, we also plan on touring Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Ulm/Neu Ulm, and Munich. I would love to visit some quilt shops while I am there. Can anyone tell me of any quilt shops in these areas?

Vielen Dank

Patti Hokanson

Eagan Minnesota USA

Here is a link, where you´ll find all german quiltshops:http://www.cosman.nl/maps/europe_en.php on a map!:cool:

I have another proposal for you: In Aschaffenburg - near Frankfurt- there will be a quiltfestival you shouldn´t miss!

http://www.main-quiltfestival.de/ It is from september 28th till30th. A lot of vendors (Quilt&Co. as well!) and many exhibitions(Karen Mc Tavish ´s quilts are there!!!) all over the town will be shown!

We could meet us there:D please say "hello" at the APQS booth!

I would enjoy:)

Have a safe trip......

Best wishes from over the ocean....

Claudia Pfeil

Oh Patti,

You have to go to the quilt show in Aschaffenberg. It's really close to Frankfurt. And, you would get to meet Claudia, too? Wow! My MIL is from Aschaffenberg and her sister still lives in that town and she said it is an awesome show with quilts hanging all over from the buildings. OK now some day I gotta go to that show and drag Ingrid with me (like I'd have to drag her to go with me...to her old home town in Germany...to look at quilts...lol!) :P Oh and Munich is lovely, so pretty, too! I love Bavaria.

By chance any room to fit me inside your suitcase??? ;) We'll need to get ourselves an extra empty suitcase or two while we're over there to fill it with our fabric stash from the Bavarian quilt shop hops.

The quilt show sounds wonderful -- unfortunately, Friday we'll be touring Ulm/Neu Ulm and then the wedding rehearsal dinner is Friday night. The wedding is Saturday and we talked about going down to Fussen to see the Neuschwanstein castle.

I will check out the link you provided for the quilt shops. My husband and I, as well as our daughter and her hubby, who live in New York, are all very excited about going to Germany. Our daughter-in-law to be is from Wullenstetten (they moved to the U.S. when she was 5 and her sister was 7). They'll be getting married in the same church her parents were married in 35 years ago. I'm even trying to learn some German using the Rosetta Stone software as well as an audio tape called "Rapid German" (it's set to music which the company that distributes it says helps you learn faster - like when you listen to a song enough times the words stick in your head).

Thanks for the information.

Patti

Archived