Was I too honest

I have finally gotten my first real quilt on the new machine. A lovely lady from Ar bought my old one and I was sort of sad to see it leave. Really thought seriously about keeping it but my husband said we needed one room in our house with a bed in it!. Have just picked up my new business cards and have a small ad running in two local papers. They made a mistake on the cards but i am not going to fuss. It says 1 cent per inch instead of 1 cent per square inch. I will try to explain as I give them out. I wanted to keep the price like everyone else\'s and that way no one would be sending quilts here to undercut another quilter. No calls yet but it is just as well. Need more time to learn all I can about my new machine. Have so little time to quilt as I am still working. Try to read the day\'s postings here every morning before I go on the bus. God Bless, JoAnna:P

JoAnna,

I\'m glad things are working out for you. Which papers did you advertise in? I have done the Shopper\'s Guide many times, but haven\'t renewed my ad since October because it didn\'t bring in any calls.

Are you planning to go to Paducah? Maybe we could all meet there or something.

sorry my husband was standing over me and I could not answer all this morning. I used the McKenzie Banner and the Paris PI. Got two calls so far. Both very sweet little old ladies wanting more info. No orders yet. I am only going to get to the quilt show on Firday. I have never been before and really am looking forward to it. Always had to drive all thru that week and could not get off. I will try to call you this weekend or next and see when you are going, JoAnna

• 2 weeks later...

Joanna, I have just recently put in my order for a new Millie (had some inheirited money laying around begging to be spent in this way!) and I consider myself very lucky. I do think God has a way of showing us what we need to do. I will be watching your story very closely. I will practice, practice, and practice and then hang out my shingle. Whatever happens was meant to be and I have no doubt I will be happy. Good luck to you and I wish I could go to Paducah this year and meet all of you wonderful, funny, talented ladies!

Martha in Destin, FL :cool:

Archived