HELP..Ruler/squares...sizes

suzysewer

Hi there, I am new to this site, so Hello!!!:D

Can anyone tell me what type/types of square rulers to purchase for quilting.

I am new to quilting, and I do have a 6x24 ruler, but before I go out and buy all these squares for quilting and find out I really only needed one or two, I thought I would ask the professionals (you guys) what you think I should go ahead and purchase.

And, do any of you suggest buying the June Taylor Shape Cutter, which has slits in the square for helping you cut straight lines on 4 or 5 pieces of material at one time???

Thanks to all for your support.

Sue.

Hi Sue,

I am sure you are talking about rulers for quilting and not rulers for LA quilting. I have the June Taylor ruler you mentioned and I liked it, but I don't seem to use it much anymore, why I'm not sure. A must have is a 12 inch square up ruler. I love the Omni grid rulers the best, but that's my opinion. I teach a beginners quilting class and they all seem to bring in something different and I find some of them to be hard to read, or it may be just that I am so use to what I have. I use my 3 x 24 mostly for cutting strips.

Rulers for LA'ing are not the same as they are thicker to prevent getting caught under your hopping foot. Hope this helps and welcome.

Joanne

BeeStitched

New York

Archived