Zero Based Tape Measure

dtreusch

Sorry. I put this into the wrong forum when I originally asked the question.

I saw on another web site where zero based tape measures could be ordered for leaders. I'm considering purchasing some and have some questions.

Has anyone used them? If so, what is your experience with them? Is it easier to use them vs. marking the leaders? How do you attach them to the leaders? When you pin the quilt to the leaders do you pin through the tape measure and leader?

Thanks,

Debbi

Hi Debbi,

I use the zero based tape measure. I have velcro attached to the back of my tape measure at the point where it measures the outside edge of my frame near the top roller. On my 12' table that is 71" on each side of the tape measure. I have the other half of the velcro on the frame. I use the tape measure as I am advancing the quilt, making sure the outside edges of the top are at a consistant measurement. I have purchased a second tape measure and plan to attach it close to the take up roller. If I am doing custom work, I take the tape measure off after I have done basting or SID and am rolling the quilt from one roller to the other to do the remaining stitching. I'm not sure if this is how they are meant to be used but it works for me. :)

Romonia Dinkla

Casey, IA

APQS Millennium

Archived