George just stopped with his lights on!

Neher-in-law5

I have been quilting with George just fine this afternoon. I finished a round of quilting, took the quilt to the bed to see what the next step was and clip trailing threads. Went back to work on the next border and he won't run. HIs lights are on, but I can't get the one stitch button to work to pull up the bobbin thread. I could turn the flywheel from the back and the needle does work manually. When I pulled the needle thread he kicked in for a few stitches. I quilted about 5 feather shapes and he won't work again.

Any ideas? Of course this happened right at 5:00 pm and when I called the APQS number the phone would ring and then go to dial tone. If I don't get him to work, I'll have to go to the basement and work on business needles, not near as much fun. I was so close to being done with this quilt.

I'm feeling "empowered"! George is back to his active working self. It was the fuse. Thanks Sue for the info. George and Lenni must be very closely related, all your directions were so accurate.

For those with George and haven't found his fuse yet. It is in a very small "unnoticed" box between the plug and the on/off switch. You need to take a small screwdriver (like the sewing machine size) and pull the black box out from the slot in the top. (It is easier to see when the plug is removed). After it is pulled out, you can see the active fuse. In the box itself is another fuse in a drawer that you push from the side to open. Works great.

Archived