move laser to front of machine?

You should have received an extension cord with your machine. It is about a foot long with input conectors on the ends. Unplug your laser, unscrew to loosen and place on rod at the front of your machine, re-tighten. Plug the cord you've removed into the hole on the upper left side of the back of your machine. Plug extensiond cord into the top, rear, right side hole and the other end into the laser.

Cheryl

Cheryl and John, thanks for your input.

I have an older Ultimate 1 and now that I think about it, the laser has been changed because I have Intellistitch installed. When Brian Hicks installed the Intellistitch, he removed the APQS laser and placed a new laser in a position that I feel is very awkward. It's very near to the path of the thread coming off of the cone and sometimes the thread gets caught on it. It is not as easily adjustable as the APQS laser. I would like to go back to the APQS laser but I don't think I can. I'll have to call Brian and see what he recommends as far as moving the laser to the front of the machine. Does anyone reading this have experience with moving the Intellistitch laser to the front of the machine?

Thanks,

Pam:)

Archived