all locked up

Basting down the sides went fine but when I hit the green "go" button (on my Lenni) the machine seemed to drag and then the needle was in the down position, refusing to come up, even with the white manual button. The machine was humming and I thought that hitting the go button again might bring the needle back up but all I did was blow a fuse. I did this twice but quit because I was out of fuses and ideas. Anyone know what I did and how to fix it? thanks

Check for thread around the flywheel. Check for a nest of thread somewhere--I assume you removed the bobbin case and investigated there. See if you can manually turn the flywheel to move the needle. Change the needle, check for tangles of thread, make sure everything is clean, --That's all I can think of. Good luck--hopefully somebody else has more ideas to help. Phone Iowa tomorrow!

Hi dsdanorman,

Is this a new machine? and you've blown 2 fuses already? Please call Amy tomorrow am as she needs to know this. Explain to her what happened including any noises the machine made.

Check for any threads wrapped around the bobbin assembly that may be binding up the movement.

New fuses can be bought at Radio Shack (The Source). Hope you'll be up an running again in no time!

Archived