Fanclam

TAQuilts

I'm using the Fanclam for the first time. After stitching the first row, is the 2nd row suppose to stitch on top of the stitching in the first row or should there be a slight seperation between rows. I advanced using the holes as a guide and seem to be stitching on the previous row. Not sure this is right or even matters. Just thought I'd ask before I switch to a real quilt.

Happy New Year,

Terry

Terry,

Happy New Year!

When you advance the fabric for the Fan part of the FanClam, place the stylus in

the registry hole and then advance the fabric until the needle is over the last row stitched. Then adjust your tension and place the needle over the last line again.

Check from end to end for to make sure you are parallel. If not pull and push the

fabric until it is. This is caused by either uneven tensioning, or your canvas is stretched and is rolling up more on one side.

Now when you start the next set for fans, you will be stitching just over 1/8th inch above the last set. Look at the separation in other parts of the pattern.

There is no registry hole for the Clam part. Just put the needle in the dip of the clam,

and eye ball the next row by placing the needle about 1/8th inch above the last row.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived