Leaders

So I downloaded Tina Collins' instructions on how to square your leaders. I thought there was something wrong because the top doesn't roll onto the pickup roller straight. I pinned them, run them back and forth a couple of times, then after setting the Vlock, run the machine across the leaders as close as I could to the pins. There doesn't seem to be any difference in space from the foot to pins, but the ends of my leaders, especially the left side has a bow in it. Will that make a difference in how the top rolls up? What else should I check? Would zippers help with this problem? I know Tina said that the leaders will skew to the right if you quilt in that direction all the time and that you should always tug the leader back after every roll. Have I ruined my leaders?

Alot of questions here, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Sometimes I get a bow in one side of my quilts/leaders. Most of the time, it is from when my cat sneaks into the quilting room and sleeps on one side, making that side sag. When this happens, I zip (and you can pin) my leaders together and roll them tight. Usually the leaders wave in the centre. Then, I spritz them with water and leave them overnight. By the time I come back in the morning, the ripples/bowing are gone. Good Luck!

Archived