HELP ULT11

RUBO

More imput please..... Okay you can pull up the thread, and top tension isn't breaking....I need more to help you.

It might even be better for you to call APQS and talk with the techs....

But here is what I can at least start with.

Is it even making a stitch?

If its totally not making any contact and nothing is happening? I would first lean towards a timing issue. There isn't any electronics on this machine to worry about its a simple simple machine...hook assembly, and basicly needle...nothing fancy.

If its a timing issue, you will need to call Amy at the APQS office and ask her for the timing instructions, I assume you got the little black folder that was the only manual issued these machines. The instructions will say on the top its for the newer machines, but its for yours as well...so just ignore that portion. You will need a strong magnifier or a Jewelers loupe...I use one that has 8X power and you will need to have a good light so you can see the back side of the needle.

AND if you don't feel comfortable to tackle this yourself, you can either send the head back to APQS for a going over or maybe a local sewing machine repair person has knowledge of these and can help.

Has the machine been cleaned....your black manual will walk you though that at least....

I'm assuming that the motor is running and that the needle is at least going up and down...but again your lack of imput.

I might be able to help, but again it would be better if you called the APQS office and talked with AMY or others there that are better at this than anyone here.... I know my own machine, but its hard to know yours.

I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD REPLY YES THE NEEDLE IS GOING UP AND DOWN AND THE MACHINE ITSELF SEEMS TO BE OPERIATING CORRECT BUT IS NOT PICKING UP THE BOBBIN THREAD I AM A REAL NEWBE IAM NOT SURE I HAVE THE BOBBIN IN CORRECT BUT ASSUME IT IS OR THE NEEDLE WOULD NOT PICK IT UP DOES THE BOOK HAVE GOOD ENOUGH DIRECTIONS TO TIME IT

I don't think the black manual is worth anything, except a dust collector....and since these machines are no longer made they will not be creating another one. Which I think is to bad, because we are still using them....Oh, well.

BUT the timing instructions that are out there are good and will be more than enough to help you.

You can call me anytime today, I should be here all day, but it might be better is you call APQS...they are way better than I am. I'll try, but I'm not a tech person, so I won't be able to help as they will.

Set down your bobbin case so the open side is facing you.

Insert the wound bobbin so the thread tail it going "clockwise" at it's inserted in the case.

Bring the thread tail back into the slotted opening in the bobbin case, then down into the small hole and pull on it. It should move freely as you pull the thread.

When you insert the bobbin case into the machine it should make a "snap" sound. Let about 6 inches of thread hang down from the case.

Now rotate the needle down and see it if picks up...hoping, keeping fingers crossed. ;)

Do you have the needle inserted correctly?

If you hear any clicking noises, your needle is hitting the bobbin race. The long indentation in the needle should be facing you when you insert the needle. The shorter "notched out" part of the needle should be facing away from you towards the arm area of the machine.

Hope this helps....I've never retimed my Ultimate II. Hope I never have to as I don't know how!:o So, sorry I can't help you with that.....

The position of the fabric should not cause any problem unless you have the take up roller too high off the bed of the machine.

It would be helpful if you gave us more information about the machine, and also your skill level using a long arm machine.

It's very possible the machine needs a good cleaning, oiling and new belt or adjustment to the belt. New motor brushes? Timing? perhaps.

If you purchased the machine recently ---did it work when you bought it? If it were mine, I would get a shipping box from APQS (those are available from them) pack it up and ship it to the company for a complete over-haul.

I love my Ultimate II. I also bought mine used. It was well used when I got it. Somewhat dirty and it had not been run for awhile. But it worked and I cleaned it up. Greased and oiled all the parts I could reach. The belt was loose and my husband tightened it. I ran it for about 8 months. After that then I invested in a Intellistitch stitch regulator and new Edgerider wheels.

Part of the process of getting the Intellistitch stitch regulator installed is a complete check up of the machine for wear and tear, a new motor and wiring. New belt. The Intellistitch reps. do this at your home. The machine passed with flying colors. No interior wear.

I do take very good care of "Rosie". That was 2 years ago I had all this done.

The machine has stitched perfectly and I don't foresee any problems unless I put hit something with a needle and jog the timing off.

I'm telling you all this so that you can see all your options. If you got a good deal on the machine, it is worth getting it fixed and possibly upgraded.

Rosie runs just a fine as any of the newer APQS machines. :)

I GOT IT GOING I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I DID TO FIX IT

I REDID THE MATERIAL AND PUT NEW THREAD IN BOBBIN AND RETHREADED WITH NEW THREAD AND NOW ITS WORKING

I MUST HAVE HAD IT THREADED WRONG OR SOMETHING

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP RUTH

Archived