can you identify this quilt pattern

This is the last quilt my grandmother made. She could not remember they name and I cannot find anyone who knows what it is called. It is a gift for my daughter's wedding. I got it from my grandmother about 2 years before she passed away. I just had it quilted last week. Can you tell me what the pattern name is? Please help. Thank you.

post--13461897803291_thumb.jpg

Hi zarz---

Some quilt block patterns have several names. This is a lonestar variation and I have seen it before but can't remember the name. It's obviously a bird design. It's interesting that the bird "bodies" and the four outside peach star points are large diamonds and the rest of the diamonds are small. Lots of template cutting and Y seams!! It's a lovely quilt and a wonderful heirloom for your daughter. Good luck finding the correct name.

Linda Rech

The inner pattern is called Four Little Birds. The Star it's self has many names, Star, Eight Pointed Star, Eight Point Star, Star Bed Quilt, Simple Star, The Southern Star, Variable Star, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Puritan Star Quilt, Star of LeMoyne, Lemon Star, Diamond Star, Diamond Design, The Star, Eastern Star, Idaho Star, Hanging Diamonds, Diamond, Arrow Star, Columns, Sunlight and Stars, & Shasta Daisy.

If you need inspiration, quilt a lot of vintage quilts, or collect the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns complied by Barbara Brackman would be a good book for you to get.

Hope this helps!

Cheryl

Thanks you guys. My heart leaped when I saw that someone had replied. This quilt is so special to me. I only hope my daughter knows what a treasure she will be getting. If anyone else has a name for it please let me know. Again Thanks!!

Archived