timing...help!

CJQ

I have never posted on this forum before but after seeing some of the other posts I thought I'd give it a try.

I rarely have to get help with minor maintenance but it seems like when I do I get an answering machine on the other end! So, I'm coming to all of you with a question.

I have been getting little stitches when I stop using SR. I am not going fast and stopping quickly. I feel like I have a consistent speed while I am stitching.

I noticed that my needle isn't going down as far as it should so I took off the front cover to loosen the screw and adjust the needle bar. I have not done this before. I can see the screw that I need to loosen but it is not straight in the hole and I am having a really tough time getting my screwdriver into it. It's slightly higher and I think it's because my needle bar is too high. When I use my needle up/down I can see it but it is stopping a bit high.

I don't know if adjusting this will help with the little stitches but I figure it's a start.

I hope someone can help. I guess I will go do some weeding while I wait. What fun that will be!

Archived