Flat bobbin thread on the back

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have done a complete maintenance on my Millennium after running into tension problems. I have 3 quilts that need to be fixed in spots and I'm on the last one.

I've narrowed down the problem to this: When I'm stitching from right to left (if you're standing at the freehand side) I get spots where the bobbin thread on the back goes flat; it doesn't get pulled up into the batt for a good stitch. I can see this happening at the same point each time on the panto pattern I'm doing. I've cleaned out lint, flossed, sprayed with WD40, oiled, put cotton at the hook over thread spool, checked for burrs, checked the timing, used a new bobbin case, oiled inside the bobbin case, loosened the backing and quilt top. I'm at my wits end. The stitches are perfect everywhere except where I go "backwards" in the pattern. This has been an off and on problem for me, but the last 3 quilts have been the worst. (I don't have this problem doing freehand quilting from the front. I did a quilt recently that was all freehand and it wasn't bad.) Some of the stitches were so loose I have to pull them out and re-quilt. In these spots, the top thread had come through to the back and looped. This problem I think was solved when Connie told me to put the batting at the hook.

Anyway, your help would be most appreciated.

Denise D

Archived