Help Needed for Jabaro Designs

witha'K'quilting

Need Help

This is for Jabaro Designs. Please help.

Yesterday I moved my Elna into the same room as Bella (my Millie) and she just hasn't been the same.

She will sew fine for awhile (10-20 mins I'd guess) and then will refuse to sew -- in the middle of a stitch. My husband has been able to gently prod the needle bar down (to finish the downward stroke and then up) or just up to .... Then she'll sew fine for awhile and then gets spunky all over again. She is now stuck with her needle halfway up. She groans like she is really trying to get the needle up but just can't and I turn her off to avoid that sad groan (she won't stop using any other method).

The first time she did this I was moving and the needle came down where it shouldn't. I was working from the front and didn't realize she was going to slow down and moved and the needle came down in front of where it should have (right behind that little horizontal black bar) but we got that taken care of (we think). Her stitches are fine when she sews, she's just spunky. What has happened?

Thanks for any assistance.

Jabaro Designs...I pasted this here in the proper forum for you. I hope someone can help you with the problem that you are having.

If you can....go back to your original post and click the edit button and then delete the post. That way there is no confusion as to the reason for this post. Make sense?

I had a similar experience on an old DSM, turned out the vertical bar, that has the needle on it, up thru the machine head needed a lot of attention, taken apart, cleaned, and brand new machine oil. It has worked fine for many years now. Perhaps?? Hope you get it working fine soon, Pat

Yes on the needle. I thought that may be the problem but, alas was not (or it's a bad needle). The needle is stuck in the fabric now and DH is not here to help and I can't pull it up or I'd change the needle again. And, yes I believe it's in correctly but will check when I get it back up. The problem has only occurred on NON seamed areas so it can't be the thickness (pieced top, QD Green batting, and the backing). It's a thrift store purchase which I'm using to practice on; the fabric is low quality but ...

Thanks Kristina.

Another thought, is there thread inside the flywheel? I don't know how to get in there to check, but perhaps someone else here can tell you. I haven't check the manual to see if the instructions are in there. Good luck getting your Millie working again.

Yes, Kristine, you certainly are "trying for me" and I certainly appreciate it. I cleaned the bobbin area, changed the needle and sewed for about 10 mins and everything is working wonderful right now (ran out of bobbin thread now of course). The bobbin is going all the way in (that little snap that I listen for) and the bobbin turning clockwise; thread not wrapping around anything anywhere. I'm quitting for the evening. Thank you so much for your help, your "flywheel" solution got me started again and I'll see what Monday brings. If I can quilt for 30 mins I'll know we somehow fixed it, it not I'll call Amy. (I'll update you when I know something.) Thanks again!!!!!!

Archived