Website designing

Hi Char,

What you will want to do is get on the internet & find a web hosting service that will support your domain name for registration.

You may query this on Google, you will have a lot to choose from for support.

From there you may build your own site with HTML, & graphics that your browser will support & that are user friendly. There are alot of software pkg's on the market that can assist you with great tutorials & such, but I chose to spend my time quilting. You can find some really great people that do web designing for you at a reasonable cost.

I can more than justify the cost to the time it takes to muddle through all the time consuming building. Just my thoughts! ;)

Thanks Linda,

I think this will be a nice project for DH to do. I figure I can keep doing my ppp, he can ask questions, and do the research.

If he can't figure it out than I guess I will have to hire someone to do it.

I just don't have time to do it myself either.

Char

Char: I love playing with my web site. Yesterday I decided to re-do my Judy Laquidara site and just deleted everything and started over. It isn't fancy and it is obvious that it was done by someone who doesn't have a clue what she's doing but it serves the purpose.

My Sunshine Quilts site started out many years ago as a template. I've made so many changes that I'm not sure how much of the template is recognizable.

My sites would look a heck of a lot better if I paid someone to do them but I really do enjoy it and one of these days, when I have some spare time, I'm going to learn to do more HTML.

If your husband enjoys that kind of stuff, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have a part in your business.

Good luck!

Hi Judy,

My husband is such a part of starting the quilting business, I just LOL because last week I had him using the freedom and he loved it! :D

He has been making notes about what to put on the website! If there is something he doesn't get he will have to get his computer gooroo bother to help. ;)

Thanks for letting me know how simple it can be.

Char

Archived