14 or 12 foot table

What is the advantage of having a 14 foot table as opposed to a 12 foot table. It seems that many of you have 14 foot tables, and there must be a good reason for that. Do you quilt more than one quilt at a time, or do you maybe hang a hammock on one end for little rests while you're quilting? :) I'm getting ready to order my machine. Dream come true!

Laura

Seriously, a hammock? I use mine for hanging clothes or empty hangers on the end. ;) Actually, I have had one really large quilt that needed almost the whold table, but I think I could have used the 12' table. Since I have the 14' table I wouldn't change for anything. Besides, where would I hang my laundry.

Mary Beth

Good point, Mary Beth. My Mom makes the most amazing home made noodles, and sometimes runs out of places to dry them. This could be a big help. I wonder if I could talk her into driving 700 miles to my house to make noodles to dry on my machine? Laura

Hi Laura:

Good question. This is a question that has been posted several times. It is one we also hear when helping our clients decide which width table to order. Our normal recommendation is get the largest table you have room for. We have 2, 14-foot tables and 2, 10-foot tables (and a 7 foot one on order). The 10-foot one on the Liberty is used for production and shows, the other short one we take to shows for demonstrations also.

We use the entire 14-foot table a few times a year. A 12-foot will probably meet your needs 95% of the time. Keep in mind that for a 12 foot table you will need an area about 15 feet in length. 12 for the table, 1 foot for the power advance and at least 2 feet to get around the end of your table. So you would add about 3 feet to the table length for your space requirement.

To see more postings on this subject, use the search function and look for table or table length.

I would recommend that you look at the dealer locator and find the nearest dealer to you to give you help in making the correct decision for you. We all want happy clients and are experienced in working with many different client needs.

Your local dealer can give you personalized service and training.

You will love your new APQS Quilting System.

John

Archived