timing your machine

I have read about others having to time their machine,,, just how do you know if your machine is out of time... I have had my machine way over 3 years,,, and have quilted almost daily on it every day,,, and before this machine my other machine poor thing,,, it done so many quilt could comment to tell how many,,, and it has never been timed,,,,either,,, was just a little concern of what I am in for if this ever happen to me... I sure pray I never have too:(:(

Goodmorning Lee,

Really the only reason for re-timing is skipped stitches... I have seen it occasionally where the is just a little loop of thread here and there. If you can't pull it into the fabric with tightening the tension, then you may need to check the timing.... This doesn't happen to often, but recently I had a gal that kept breaking thread and nothing would change that, ended up that the hook was hitting the needle really hard and we re-timed it and all was fine! If you are getting good stitches, then don't worry about the timing....

We always say, timing our machines is a last resort....

The reason they don't have to be re-timed alot, is due to our machine's being belt driven, the belts just don't slip much, where machines that are gear driven, have alot more play in them, causing them to need re-timed more!

Hope this makes sence!

Have a Great Week, I'm off to teach at MQS... If you need something, you can call and leave a message and I will be checking in for calls...

Archived