NQQR

I need one bit of info about my Viking Designer 1 . Dealer is closed, other not open, HV does NOT respond..

Is this machine a low shank or high shank, ??? I lost the chart I had, and really need the answer this evening if anyone can help.

Than ks in advance, and after,

ritaR

Rita,

I think the D1 has a low shank but here's some information from Sewingpartsonline.com. Hopefully this will answer your question.

Which Presser feet do I need?

To Measure: When presser foot is down, measure the distance from the bottom of the pressure foot to the screw-hole that holds the foot onto the presser bar.

* A high shank machine measures approximately 1 1/4" from the presser foot screw to the bottom of the foot.

* A low shank machine measures approximately 3/4" from the presser foot screw to the bottom of the foot.

Here's another blurb from a site that sells after market presser feet.

HUSQVARNA VIKING WALKING FOOT, LOW SHANK MACHINES

Fits all newer Husqvarna Viking sewing machine models such as all Designer series, Topaz, Platinum, Sapphire, Rose, Iris, Freesia, Scandinavia, Lily, Interlude, Prelude, Emerald, Daisy, Sew Easy, etc as well as the 350, 400, & 500 models.

Schlick and Abagail, Thank you both Very Much for the Info..

I really believe I'm the DUD of searching. Just took me a good 10 min to find this thread again..

I'm hoping I found an attachment that will sew a half inch finished binding on quilts.. If so I'm sure going to get one. Thank you very much, again, can't say how much I appreciate it..

God Bless,

RitaR

Archived