Offset Patterns

Grammie

I have avoided purchasing OFFSET Patterns by Keryn and well I love them all and want the ALL.

What do I need to know about these before I purchase?

Offset meaning what? Will I flip every other row or what?

Her Pantos are just super for EtoE.

I love DEBS too. I plan to own almost all of hers by the years end. They are just super.

Also, When you are trying to fit a CQ EtoE in an area say 50 x50 and you size and resize but many times you have over two inches between the rows more or less. Sometimes you already have a pretty DENSE pattern so going smaller may not be the idea solution. What do you CQ users do? Freehand the available space by echoing or stitch more dense? Just curious

Hi Tammie

You could try telling CQ the quilt is 52x50 or you could use Stretch.

If the start stitching position (red dot)is not the same as the position of the circle that marks zero the pattern has an offset. ie Locate Pattern Start is Upper Left Corner but the red dot is one I" below then the pattern has a Y offset of -1".

Don't avoid the offset patterns you are cutting out a whole heap of beautiful designs. If the offset is say x -1" you can tell CQ the quilt is 2" wider than it is and it will start stitching right on the edge instead of 1" in from the edge.

Ask if I haven't explained it well - its late here.

Sue in Australia

Archived