Tops and Backs that are Not Squared

CarolO

I think you answered your own question. If a quilt is that bad, you probably would not try and do borders with CQ. An overall pantograph would be better. If you have a wonky block or triangle that's not too bad you use Boundaries and put in your wonky points, then the wonky block comes up on the screen, then you place your design in that space, rotate, stretch, and make it fit in that spot then sew it.

If you have a border that dips down an inch or so you can use Boundaries again and place the border design in the slanting border and rotate the design till it fits in that spot then sew. You can also Start Sewing Here and End Here to make the border slant.

I always tear my fabric backs to square them up. If tops are really bad they go back to the customer to fix before I load them.

JoAnn,

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions. I'm just getting to understand all about boundaries and outlines. I had a quilttop with sashes abount 7" by 2" and she wanted them outlined. There were variances in every sash so I had to edit each and everyone. There were over 100 of these little buggers. Needless to say, I learned a little about outlines.

Now I'm working on a quilt that was done on the fly. This one has corners that are wonky, so guess I will set the edge to edge at the top end of the corner and so then there will be batting and backing quilted where there is no top. She will have to just square it up afterwards.

Thanks again for your help.

Carol

Amarillo

Archived