Florida Classes posted

Posted on the events page.

Join Myrna for four days of classes at

3210 Amelia Road, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034

Hostess Dell Dunman for directions Home phone 904-261-7413 Cell 904-556-2314

Contact Myrna direct to register for classes.

Myrna Ficken

435-229-2703

301-725-2057

myrnaf@q.com

Visa/MasterCard accepted

Just Do It: April 13th 9-4 $180.00

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques. I’ll teach you fillers, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking “outside of the box.” We’ll work with border design and carry parts of the design into the sashings and blocks. We’re going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch and alternatives. Bring quilts for discussion if time allows. This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great ideas!! Sketchbook and pencils and scissors for clipping threads are needed.

Fowlproof Feather: April 14TH 9-4 $180.00

This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many feathers….so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers and everybody has their own style! We’re going to get started with the most simple feather designs and we’ll jazz them up until they sizzle! I’ll show you techniques for swags and wreaths and adding decorative threads. It’s all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, sketchbook, pencils and scissors for clipping threads are needed. along with a full dose of energy and attitude!

Fill “ ER” Up April 15th 9-12 $85.00

Always looking for backgrounds; join me for an afternoon of fillers. Mini micro and normal size to suit any quilt. Pencil and paper needed.

Creating Spaces: April 15th 1-4 $85.00

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I’ll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt! See how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever you might have on hand! You have permission to have FUN in this class! Sketchbook and pencils are needed.

Gotta Love Samplers: April 16th 9-4$180.00

Class Description:

This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I’ll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. You’ll see samplers in a whole new light! Learn how to analyze, stabilize, and handle every block with confidence. Three block names listed below to be made by you and brought to class. In the first half of the class I will show you three different ways to quilt each of the three blocks. In the second half of the class you will quilt them in any of the ways I have shown. Muslin backing and batting will be provided.

Please bring your own thread Sew Fine and a prewound bobbin for your blocks. Please use the same thread color on each block

All block are found on EQ6 if you don’t have access please let me know. Each block is to be no larger the 12 inches with a 3 inch sashing (optional)

BLOCKS MAY BE SEWN TOGETHER VERTICALLY ONLY

Block # 1: Log Cabin,

Block # 2: New York Beauty

Bock # 3: Ohio Star

Space is limited to 6 per class in the hands on classes. It makes no difference what brand of machine you own.

Classes must be pre paid and no refunds can be given after March 12th 2010

Contact to register

Myrna Ficken

435-229-2703

301-725-2057

myrnaf@q.com

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited Myrna is comiing back to Florida to my studio to teach! Fernandina Beach is Northeast of Jacksonville right next to Georgia!

We had a great time last year. Plus all learned so MUCH!!!

I've ordered wonderful weather for the week.

Please call Myrna or me if we can answer any questions for you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to clean up my studio for the classes in April. So if you are thinking about coming to join us in April, please call Mynra and confirm your seat and place in line to stitch on the Millies!!!!

We always learn so much and such fun!!!!

Check out this class~~~~~~ She has changed it a little just for us!

Gotta Love Samplers: April 16th 9-4$180.00

Class Description:

This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I’ll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. You’ll see samplers in a whole new light! Learn how to analyze, stabilize, and handle every block with confidence. Three block names listed below to be made by you and brought to class. In the first half of the class I will show you three different ways to quilt each of the three blocks. In the second half of the class you will quilt them in any of the ways I have shown. Muslin backing and batting will be provided.

Please bring your own thread Sew Fine and a prewound bobbin for your blocks. Please use the same thread color on each block

All block are found on EQ6 if you don’t have access please let me know. Each block is to be no larger the 12 inches with a 3 inch sashing (optional)

BLOCKS MAY BE SEWN TOGETHER VERTICALLY ONLY

Block # 1: Log Cabin,

Block # 2: New York Beauty

Bock # 3: Ohio Star

• 2 weeks later...

April will be here before you know it. So if you are considering taking any of the classes, please call Myrna and let her know you are coming.

Just to let you know I'm still cleaning the studio. ONLY problem is I keep taking fabric out to start another project. Hope to see you in April! Any questions please call. Check http://www.aquilterschoice.com for infomation or the first message above!

Thanks,

Dell

Archived