Removing #2 Roller-Quilt Top

I have been floating my quilt tops for the most part (partial float). I am wondering if I could remove my #2 Roller bar for the quilt top when I am using the Automatic Fabric Advance motor? There is a tension block that is set on the #1 and #2 roller bars. Also, would there be any impact on the top and batting by not passing thru the space between Roller Bars #1 and #2 (currently this seems to keep it rolling and advancing relatively somooth and evenly?)

Thanks!

Nancy

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. What if I were to stick a sawed off hollow pipe (6-12") of equal diameter in that space where the #2 roller goes into the tension block? Do you think that would "fool" the motor advance, #2 "shortie" would spin but with no purpose, wouldn't interfere with other roller bars and advancing? I will also eagerly await hearing from others if they have come up with any ideas.

Thanks again.

Nancy

Nancy, I tried removing the tension bar a few yrs back...lasted 3 quilts before I put it back on, what I found for me was that the bar not only helps stableise (sp) full-float quilts , but also is nessesary to prevent quilt vibration....

Jamie

Archived