Channel Lock??

Hello,

I have a Liberty, and it seem when I was shopping around, the Liberty did not have actual chanel locks, but a set screw of sorts to keep the machine in place to do straight horizontal lines. Was I dreaming? I have looked all over and find no screw that would lock the carriage in place. This is no big deal, but I have been thinking of some straight line stitching on another practice piece.

I have heard of using some kind of clamp to hold the carriage in place, but I just can't figure out where to clamp that it wouldn't get hung up on something else.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Guest Linda S

Cheryl - Mine was already installed, although I wasn't really sure what it was. It is the gold colored knob/bolt on the right side of the machine body down by the rails. If you screw it down, it will prevent the machine from moving front to back. If you want to prevent horizontal movement, you can use the pony clamps on the other rails.

Linda

Guest Linda S

If you want to lock the rails so that you can stitch vertically instead of horizontally, you can take off a couple of your pony clamps (or get an extra set, or get some bulldog clamps [but I prefer ones with padding]) and clamp them onto the rails under the machine head on either side of the wheels. That will prevent the machine from moving side to side, so you can move it front to back only. Useful if you're doing something square or if you want to stitch down the sides of your quilt.

Linda

Archived