Inland Northwest Machine Quilters Spokane, Washington

Leaving in the morning. See you all there. I do have an opening in the hands on classes and a couple in the drawing classes. Call my cell if you can make it.

March 12 , 2010 - Friday

Fowlproof Feathers - 9:00-4:00

Drawing and hands-on

This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many feathers..so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat --- everybody loves feathers and everybody has their own style! We're going to get started with the most simple feather designs and we'll jazz them up until they sizzle! I'll show you techniques for swags and wreaths and adding decorative threads. It's all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts! Bring your imagination, pencil and paper along with a full dose of energy and attitude!

March 14, 2010- Sunday

Just Do It – 9:00-4:00

Drawing and hands on.

I'll teach you flowers, leaves, jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on a quilt. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking "outside the box" we will work on borders and sashings designs. For an added thriller we are going to do fillers. YES, even micro fillers..We're going to spend some time on stitching in the ditch (I'll demo) and alternatives. This is a busy class, loaded with lots of great ideas!!

March 15, 2010 - Monday

Gotta Love Those Samplers – 9:00-12:30

Drawing class

This is a beginner/intermediate level class in which I'll teach you my method of working a sampler from start to finish. You'll see samplers in a whole new light! Learn how to analyze, stabilize, and handle every block with confidence.

March 15, 2010 - Monday

Creating Spaces - 1:30-5:30

Drawing class

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I'll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt! See how easy it is to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever you might have on hand! You have permission to have FUN in this class!!

Myrna Ficken

A Quilter's Choice

APQS~Sales~Service~Educator

435-229-2703

www.aquilterschoice.com

myrnaf@q.com

Archived