Need ideas for how to quilt

This is a memory quilt that my customer designed. It's really nice looking. The quilt has pictures in every block in every other row and she doesn't want any quilting on the pictures. The other rows have every other block machine embroidered with special names and dates, and she would prefer not to have any quilting over the names or dates.

My customer has picked a Pam Clarke pattern to go in the pieced blocks, so the pattern willl be only in every other row, every other block in the row. I don't think that a SID around the the rest of the blocks that have pictures or names/dates will be enough quilting. I'm afraid the quilt will look lopsided, so I think something extra is needed in these blocks to balance the Pam Clarke blocks. Each of the picture and name/dates blocks have a small 1-1.5 inch strip on either side. I was considering putting a small design in there.

Other ideas???

Thanks,

Deb

HI Deb,

I had to do one of these picture quilts for a customer around Christmas Time. It was red and white with pictures. I framed each picture with quilting, starting with SID right at edge of the picture and then echoing out a few more "frames". The alternate blocks were quilted with a heart wreath. The customer was very happy with it.

If you go to my website

www.chickenscratchquilting.com

and look in the photo album you can see some pictures of it.

Hope this is helpful.

Teresa Taylor

Chicken Scratch Quilting Company

(731) 285-5040

www.chickenscratchquilting.com

Archived