My Friend Won at Paduah....update on Mark

Hey Guys! This is Mark Sherman. My friend Pat has been after me to join this site but I was feelings ackward about it since I don't use an APQS machine. Paducah was awesome this year. I had such a good time! The weather was perfect until we left on Saturday.

Someone mentioned Jamie Wallen. He is a friend and mentor of mine. Jamie helped me to get where I am today. He is awesome!

Just a note about me. I am the married father of two wonderful, almost grown children. My wife is a physician and for the last twenty years I have raised our kids. Now that they need me less I quilt 12 hours a day. I start at 4 am and finish about 4 pm when I get ready for my wife to come home. I am a traveling quilt teacher. Currently I will travel about once a month so I can still make my quilts. Right now I am working on another Tiffany window. I have been an avid collector of all things Louis Comfort Tiffany for years.

Thank you so much for all of the very kind words. I really appreciate them. I hope I can be a blessing to you in someway.

I was in Paducah and saw this quilt in person. Pictures do not do it justice. It was stunning. My cousin was with me and she was amazed that it was done by a man. This was her first time to a big quilt show, so she was very overwhelmed with the beauty and detail in the quilts. She is already saving up for next year's trip.

Loved your butterfly quilt!!!

Archived