SANDOWN QUILT CHAMPIONSHIPS - anyone going?

Originally posted by veg-girl

I will probably be going on friday as my staff is going on holiday on saturday and I will have to man (woman?) the shop. Sunday is a catch up with the quilting day.

yvette

Have a great time on Friday then Yvette.

:)

Originally posted by Janette

Always Ferret !!! can't wait to see them! and also not long til July !! looking forward to your class ! Just trying to finalise travel arrangements, I should have thought to ask how you were travelling up, we could maybe have travelled up together. I am flying up now from Luton just need to sort out car parking at Luton. If you havent got your train booked yet and you fancy flying up with me Friday morning 7am, give me a shout I only booked flights yesterday so you may get on the same flights? I am flying back 20.55 Sunday evening.

Nope, my train is booked and I am really looking forward to it. I will have to come up with a plan to get from the train to Liniz. I am coming over night on the sleeper service. No airports, no paring, no customs. Hopefully no fuss. Thanks for the offer, but I am avoiding planes unless absolutely essential or private. I just get so fed up with all the mess at the airports.

Ferret

Originally posted by Janette

Always Ferret !!! can't wait to see them! and also not long til July !! looking forward to your class ! Just trying to finalise travel arrangements, I should have thought to ask how you were travelling up, we could maybe have travelled up together. I am flying up now from Luton just need to sort out car parking at Luton. If you havent got your train booked yet and you fancy flying up with me Friday morning 7am, give me a shout I only booked flights yesterday so you may get on the same flights? I am flying back 20.55 Sunday evening.

Nope, my train is booked and I am really looking forward to it. I will have to come up with a plan to get from the train to Liniz. I am coming over night on the sleeper service. No airports, no paring, no customs. Hopefully no fuss. Thanks for the offer, but I am avoiding planes unless absolutely essential or private. I just get so fed up with all the mess at the airports.

Ferret

Hi Ferret,

No problem, I did look into trains too, but only found really expensive ones with lots of changes. Am not keen on the changes.

At least you get to sleep though - I had not thought about that one ! I think it is going to be pretty tiring. Lets compare notes when we get there - hopefully there will not be any delays at the airport or train stations. Take care travelling then.:)

Will look for your quilts on Saturday at Sandown. That should be pretty straight forward drive.

Hi Ferret,

No problem, I did look into trains too, but only found really expensive ones with lots of changes. Am not keen on the changes.

At least you get to sleep though - I had not thought about that one ! I think it is going to be pretty tiring. Lets compare notes when we get there - hopefully there will not be any delays at the airport or train stations. Take care travelling then.:)

Will look for your quilts on Saturday at Sandown. That should be pretty straight forward drive.

Archived