I am having a problem with my CQ. First I have mad sure the the needle up position is in place and when I am at the end of a row and the machine is getting to the "knot" stage the needle keeps going, and going. when it finally does stop and I hit run for the last pull up stitch the needle wants to stay in the fabric as the machine starts to move. Also as I am beginning the first knotting stitches stay too long. I have already checked in the start up on my stitch number and speed to be set as the work book has. I have already broke one needle...so far haven't torn any quilts. HELP!

Open up the top hood and turn the little blue square componet that has a #8 on it, to the right (standing at the front) one full turn. You need to warm up the machine for about 15 min. Hopefully you were shown the screw I am talking about. Double check me. Right- left. I think its right. I'm not at my machine to look for you.

sounds like your needle speed is too low

I'm new to CQ and not an expert. But this was happening to me and adjusting this stopped the problem

Search the chat and you will find some other ideas. It might be morning before more replies come in. I just happen to be working night shift.

Everything will work out.

Hi Sharon,

Grammie Tammie is correct on the needle speed adjustment, I can E-mail you the word Doc that I made with pictures of this adjustment if you would like, just E-mail me & I will send it ASAP. ;)

Originally posted by creativestitches4you

I am having a problem with my CQ. First I have mad sure the the needle up position is in place and when I am at the end of a row and the machine is getting to the "knot" stage the needle keeps going, and going. when it finally does stop and I hit run for the last pull up stitch the needle wants to stay in the fabric as the machine starts to move. Also as I am beginning the first knotting stitches stay too long. I have already checked in the start up on my stitch number and speed to be set as the work book has. I have already broke one needle...so far haven't torn any quilts. HELP!

Archived