NQR Creatives with problems.

As you may know I work with graphic novelist on occasion, some of the people I wokr with have been affected by this so I am trying to do what I can to help this project. In the grand scheme of things it's a tiny project, but it means a lot to these guys

A UK publisher appears to have ceased trading leaving the 60+ creative folk who have projects signed with it in the lurch. Their books are in limbo and pay cheques aren't happening. There is a UK charity who is trying to help them with the legal work and release their books.

One book that was due for the publisher but was never signed is now being released as a fund raising exercise for the charity the Comic Book Alliance to help them in their efforts to safeguard the rights of comics creators. To get the progect off the ground they are using Kickstarter, where you can pledge money to support the project but you pay nothing unless they raise the full amount. They are hoping to have $3600 in pledges by the 17th of September. If you know anyone who might be interested in helping please could you pass on this link.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/910305588/the-sleepless-phoenix-comics-anthology

Thanks guys

Ferret

Archived