Amazing, Awesome Amy

Hubby and I returned this weekend from taking the maintenance class at the factory, taught by Amy. It was fantastic! Amy did a wonderful job teaching it, she was fun, patient and very thorough. I'm half blind and it takes me forever to focus on anything and I forgot my cheaters, and not once did she yell at me for holding up class while I tried to see whatever it was she was showing us, LOL.

We came home and I took all the covers off my machine, totally cleaned it and inspected it, fixed my non functioning thread cutter (not that I ever use it, but still, now I know how), tweaked my wheels a bit more, fixed my stitch regulator, and felt absolutely comfortable doing it.

I even think I'll be fine if I have to time my machine, and that was the most important thing Amy wanted us to learn, however for ME... the best thing I learned was how to set my tension back to "factory default" in case I get it all totally messed up!

With "So Fine" threaded, the tension dial should be just about flush with the little screw that sticks out on the end, the nub is just barely bumped out. I had mine WAY tighter than that. Now I have a place to always go back to when I get to playing too much. :P

Thank you Amy!

Archived