Liberty woes ( acting sluggish, etc)

My liberty presents the following problems:

1) Needle positioner is very slow ( The screw has been turned...still presents problem)

2) When this happnes, even with the stitch regulator on, machine grows VERY sluggish, and stitches increase in size.

3) As soon as the left command button is pushed, before the stitch regulator is on, the machine chirps, but the machine also pulsates in accordance to the light,

4) Can not sew with stitch regulator mode, instead of normal 11 stitches per inch, I am getting 7.

If anyone else has had this problem, or has any suggestions, please let me know-- I need some help, can not quilt as is.

Thanks in advance-

thequiltingfool

Hi,

I guess I should add that I have taken the advice of customer service, ( this was to adjust the screw), and yes the problem still persists. I have had my quilter for nearly a year and have NEVER had any trouble at all-- This started suddenly. -Just looking for some helpful suggestions/solutions..

Thanks,

Shirl *thequiltingfool*

Hi Shirl

I think I was a bit quick in my response to you before - flying out the door to do the school run - I'm sorry. I'll explain a little more of what I was thinking.

My machine has shown all these symptoms too very early on and the first action I took was adjusting the needle positioner speed which in most cases solves the problem. If that doesn't work then the technicians know to look for something else. I was concerned that someone might suggest adjusting the encoders on the wheels as the stitches are not stitching out at the correct length. I think this would be an unnecessary waste of your time since I don't believe the sr is causing the problem but I can see why someone might.

One thing you could do before ringing the factory in the morning is to remove your fluorescent light and try stitching without it and see if that helps.

Good luck and sorry for being so short earlier.

Sue in Australia

Hi Shirl,

Please call in and talk to Mike. He is the Electrical Guru. It may be somethig that went bad on the circuit board that we can change out. I am in Maine right now, but Mike can assist you and get you up and going. :)

Take care,

Archived