M&M Wheels and Compuquilter

It can be done! I just set up my Millie & Compuquilter with shiny new wheels. I had to use some longer bolts and mix and match the new and old spacers to get the head to clear the front cable motor and the rear and front limiter switches. The carriage wheels went on with the equipment provided. I only had to extend the front (X coordinate) cable attachment bracket by 3/8' to clear the bottom of the wheels. I just made a new longer bracket and drilled and threaded it. I did use a larger screw in the cable clamp area,( on the bottom of the bracket), for more biting power on the clamp for the cable. My old one slipped on occasion. I did not have to drill or move any other holes by doing this! I also had to elevate the quilt top roller about the same 3/8" to accommodate the Hartley Base Expander and keep it from binding up on the front 2 inches or so. This was because of the new spacing on the head and carriage to mount the wheels and clear the Compuquilter mechanics. The minor elevations do not seem to deter any of the cable operation and tested with outstanding results.

The wheels allow a definite fluid motion for the hand guided projects I experimented with. The old wheels had, and mine were worn!, reversed and worn again-LOL-!, ( I was waxing my rails two X a day to help them out!)-- kind of had a jerky motion on some patterns with the Compuquilter, that does not happen now! All the patterns sew out so nice and smooth, round curves and sharp points- just wonderful!

You all have a Great Day!!!! Dave B.:cool:

Archived