Extras to order with machine?

Marlene,

I'm not sure how this whole import/export thing works, but some of the extras would be coming from different companies than APQS. Wouldn't you need someone in the states to coordinate all these extras so they wouldn't be coming to you piecemeal?

I agree with Bliss if you can afford it now because it could be 3 times the cost later, an extended base (I have the Hartley) for ruler work (it really helps diagonal lines to be straight) (you can also order the Hartley with a few rulers, too, but I use the Itsy Bitsy ALOT that comes from another company), and the Quiltazoid (quilting looks so professional, boosted my confidence, and is FUN to use...I'm a very satisfied customer). I don't know if you have tools already, but you will need certain tools that are common here that don't come with the machine. An APQS rep would be able to lead you in the right direction on that (i.e. small flathead screwdriver to adjust tension on the bobbin cases and tighten the screw when changing needles and set of allen wrenches). Of couse it's been over 4 years since I got my machine and don't remember what tools came with it as I have a small toolbox full of various tools that is used in my quilting room only. I also agree that an APQS rep can tell you what spare parts to have on hand for your machine that you may need in a jiffy that are common (spare bobbin cases for different thread tensions on different threads, spare needles 4.0 and 3.5 sizes for sure, etc.).

Good luck with your purchases and hope all goes well with customs. Have fun when you get your machine!

Archived