Book for customers

What about making a scrapbook? You could have photos of quilts you've done, along with samples of the threads and patterns used. You could also type up info on the different battings you offer, copy info from the manufacturer, maybe put a small quilted piece, potholder size. You could do so many things with a scrapbook.

Guest Linda S

I have a book with thread cards, backing samples (wide backings from Christian Lane Quilters), pantographs, etc. I also have a handout sheet on how to prepare your quilt top for machine quilting.

Linda

Hey Linda.....

I love the fabric and service from Christian Lane Quilters. Sometimes when I order a backing, I get an extra to have on hand to show customers. So far I don't have many backings to show, and people aren't expecting to be able to get a backing from me. Is it something that has grown into a good service for you to offer? I would love to get to a point where people would come to me for backings...they are so great to work with! Did you just gradually have some on hand or do you have a great supply?

I have told people, also, that if they look at the CLQ website I could order for them. I don't expect this to be a money-making endeavour...but it is a pleasure not to have to worry about selvedges left in, sheets that give you trouble, etc., etc....

Guest Linda S

I just have a few on hand. I wish more of my customers would use them. I just updated my webpage to show them what savings they would have if they bought a fat back. It you have a queen-sized quilt, you need at least 6.5 yards of 44-45" wide fabric to make the back. At an average of $9/yard at the quilt shop, that would cost you nearly $60, and it still isn't quite wide enough to load on a longarm! The average cost of a Fat Back at Christian Lane is $40 -- quite a savings, plenty of room for the quilter, and NO SEAMS!! Ya gotta love it.

Linda

Archived