Table is to big

I need to know if it would be possible to exchange my 14 foot table for a 10 or maybe 12 foot?

I'm having a very difficult time moving around the table, the space is just really tight.

Also, I'm doing very small quilts.

Another question would be, would it be okay for me to load the quilt tops at the end of the table? That would be a big help.

Thank you,

Tamara

I also have another question. If it's possible to exchange the table, what would the cost be to get the lift kit?

I'm finding it hard to go from front to back. It seems like I do that quite a bit and if one is at the correct height then the other is either to high or to low. It hurst my back.

Thanks

Tamara

Hi Tamara-

You can load a top anywhere on the table that is best for you. You can load two tops at a time if you want to!! I did two charity baby quilts at once and used one big backer and one piece of batting! It was fun!

The hydraulic lift system is invaluable if you work both sides. Really saves the back and neck.

Before you invest in a new table, do a search here for lots of solutions for moving or repositioning your machine easily. There plenty of solutions-- from wheels to casters that furniture movers use. Maybe you won't need a smaller table. Just a thought.

Linda Rech

Olympia Wa

Thank you so much. That is so great that I can put the quilt where ever I want to. I thought it had to be in the middle for the tension on the bars to be even.

My husband has helped me to see a way we can move things around so that I should have plenty of room and still keep the big table. But it is great to know that you can use where ever you want on the table.

Thank you!

Tamara

Graham WA

Hi Tamara,

I bought the casters and put on the table and love it. My room is not that big and I have a 14 ft table. So when I work from the front I just move it back or vise verse it. If you have an APQS LA and table the casters cost $150.00. I tried looking in all stores for a fit but didn't find any, you may have to buy from the company.

Hope you can keep your big table, it will come in handy when you need it

Char

• 2 months later...
Guest tiffanikathryn

Quick simple solution. The "casters" that I have on my machine are the "moving men" variety. Cost me $7.00 at Home Depot. I have the felt ones used to move furnature over hard wood floors or cement in my case. They have them for carpet too they look like a little plastic disk with foam on the top. I use those to move my couch or book cases or desk all by myself. Wonderful tool. Hope that helps. Happy quilting!!

Archived