Cleaning machine, part fell off

I was cleaning and oiling my machine this morning and a part fell off! I can't tell how to put it back on. Of course it's Sunday, so I can't call. Please help!

This is a large black plastic piece that fits over a moving screw (?) that is on the back of the area just below the bobbin area. It is full of grease.

I'm a new Milennium owner and don't want to screw it up, or get grease all over things that shouldn't have grease on them.

Thanks!

I think that's a little plastic cap that was placed over that shaft thing. The new machines have it and the older machines don't. There was always a little oozing around the shaft thingy (Sorry - don't know all those technical terms) and the plastic cap is a new addition. I wondered if it would stay on forever.

My opinion is that it isn't going to hurt to run the machine without it but . . what do I know?

I called APQS and talked to Mark first thing Monday morning and he suggested cleaning around the "bushing" with alcohol, cleaning the plastic cap with alcohol and using Super Glue to glue the cap back on to the machine. I let it set all morning and then I quilted most of yesterday afternoon. So far it is staying on.

Shortly after I talked to Mark, Connie from APQS responded to my post via email and suggested putting it back on with silicone caulking. If the Super Glue doesn't hold I will give the caulking a try.

It sure is great to have these kind, helpful, people to contact!! Thanks!

Archived