go accuquilt cutter

Don't cut out more than 4 layers of fabric. Tried 6 and 8 and didn't like how hard it was to turn the handle. Keep your fingers away from where the blades are. Some of my felt started to come up and I put a little glue down and dummy me - smooshed it down with my finger - ouch!

When I'm making 2-1/2 inch strip sets for 4 patch blocks, I sew the strips together and then place them on the 2-1/2 inch board sideways. This cuts out multiples of what I need in a jiffy. Clear as mud? Several ladies in our quilting group have the cutter. We bring them to a meeting and cut out all the pieces for a quilt in an hour. Really saves time and provides accuracy. Oh... and if you use Yahoo, there is a GO cutter group that has lots of info. Have fun. I really enjoy mine. :P

One of the best tips I could give you is to read Accuquilts instructions on how to lay and orientate the fabric correctly on the die to get accurate cuts, especially with geometric dies.

Appliqué dies it is not so important, so they are great to use up your scrap pieces.

Also go to Ebony Loves blog, she has some great videos on You Tube on how to get the best out of there cutter. From how to lay the fabric on correctly to marking the dies with a silver sharpie pen, so you can see where to lay the fabric a little easier

Here is the link to her blog

http://quiltpossible.com/blog/

Ebony has also started an online monthly magazine . To help you get the most out of your Dies, you can download the first month free. Here is the link

http://blockstodiefor.com/

Hope this helps a little.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so dissapointed... I got my GO just now and the die that was supposed to come with it was Cutter Includes:

•GO! Fabric Cutter

•Exclusive GO! Value Die (55018) featuring:

◦Square-4 1/2" (4" finished)

◦Square-2 1/2" (2" finished)

◦Half Square-2" finished triangle (cuts four)

•GO! Cutting Mat-6"W x 12"H

BUT what i got was a triangle 4 7/8 cutting die...when I called I got more bad news..the die is out of stock.....now for the good news....the lady said this die cost $30.00 and was mine to keep for free and shes sending me the die that was to come with it.when its back in stock.

Archived