Two questions???

Berny

#1. I have now completed 6 rows of the 13 rows that I need to quilt.(Each row takes over 25 minutes to quilt!) I could not feel the railroad tracks on part of row 2 up to about half way, Do I have to rip all of row 2? I am worried that if I only rip out the first half that has the railroad track that the pattern will not meet up with the rest. Help? What do I do?

#2. For this quilt I have been winding my own metal bobbins with bottom line thread. For some reason I seem to get backlash for the beginning until the bobbin is more used. This is the first time that I have wound my own bobbins with bottom line thread.

Am I winding to much thread or what can the problem be??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Berny

I can't help you on the first part of your question, as I just started using my CQ recently. On the bobbin question...make sure the bobbin isn't wound with too much thread. The bobbin winder on my millie has a tendency to wind too much thread and I get more backlash. I readjusted the bobbin winder so that helped. Also make sure the backlash spring is still good and the two pieces that sticking up a little bit are not flattened. You can take the backlash spring out of the bobbin case to clean out lint build up...it will pop right out. Lastly, check to make sure there isn't any build up of lint under the piece of metal that holds the bobbin thread in place.

Hope that helps....

I've got to learn all the techincal names for the parts of the machine and bobbin case...but got to go and quilt now.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived